incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <craig.russ...@oracle.com>
Subject Re: Cross Cloud TLP, was Re: [PROPOSAL] Deltacloud Project
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 19:16:04 GMT
For me, not so much.

A TLP owns a code base and is responsible for it. While I appreciate
the sentiment, I don't think it's wise to require that different
communities with nothing else in common except "cloud" in their name
have to be managed by the same PMC.

How is "cloud" different from "xml" or "java" or "web" or "database"?
We have many communities in Apache that share buzzwords yet have
different approaches.

Craig

On May 12, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> thinking about this a little I think a TLP that grouped the Cloud
> technologies together make a lot of sense.  With LibCloud,
> DeltaCloud, Whirr, etc. as a start there will clearly be some
> additional projects coming.
>
> On May 6, 2010, at 3:54 PM, Paul Querna wrote:
>
>> I think it does raise the question, should libcloud graduate to a new
>> TLP, with a more generic task or providing "cross cloud" APIs and
>> libraries.

Craig L Russell
Architect, Oracle
http://db.apache.org/jdo