incubator-general mailing list archives

From Les Hazlewood <lhazlew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator podling website problems
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 16:54:21 GMT
> Some of them barely mention Apache and the Incubator:

> http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/

No disrespect, but I find this example unfounded.  If you go to that
website, you see a _huge_ font (and a feather) that leaves absolutely
no room for interpretation that we're an Apache project.  We have
links back to Apache on our main nav bar.  We use the words "Apache
Shiro" together everywhere.  We reference the Incubator and that we're
an incubator project in many places all over our website, especially
in the most obvious pages (download, etc).

Also, I certainly don't feel it should ever be an actual requirement
to include the feather in a logo - communities should be free to
choose whatever they like.  Attribution to Apache and the Incubator
should be more than enough.

Les
(Apache Shiro project member)