incubator-general mailing list archives

From Tim Williams <william...@gmail.com>
Subject Incubator proposal template
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 12:55:55 GMT
I wonder why the proposal template doesn't explicitly ask the
proposers about their belief in the Apache Way?  It asks about
fascination with the Apache Brand and touch on it a bit in the
Alignment section.  But being that one could easily be fascinated by a
brand from the outside even while not agreeing with their internal
philosophies/methodologies (e.g. Apple), I wonder why we wouldn't want
some explicit discussion of this.  Since the Apache Way is a bit of an
amorphous thing, the section wouldn't really be a litmus test so much
as a way to ensure that they've fully considered the implications of
being a part of Apache.  Just curious...

Thanks,
--tim