incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Cross Cloud TLP, was Re: [PROPOSAL] Deltacloud Project
Date Wed, 12 May 2010 19:37:16 GMT
Fair point Craig ... my head was more around grouping like you had with the various DB projects.
 Each one was independent but kind of under the DB umbrella, right ?  I didn't mean to imply
one PMC to rule them all ... bad idea.

On May 12, 2010, at 3:16 PM, Craig L Russell wrote:

> For me, not so much.
>
> A TLP owns a code base and is responsible for it. While I appreciate the sentiment, I
don't think it's wise to require that different communities with nothing else in common except
"cloud" in their name have to be managed by the same PMC.

> How is "cloud" different from "xml" or "java" or "web" or "database"? We have many communities
in Apache that share buzzwords yet have different approaches.

> Craig
>
> On May 12, 2010, at 9:29 AM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> thinking about this a little I think a TLP that grouped the Cloud technologies together
make a lot of sense.  With LibCloud, DeltaCloud, Whirr, etc. as a start there will clearly
be some additional projects coming.