incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marcel Offermans <marcel.offerm...@luminis.nl>
Subject Re: New Confluence Auto Export Step-By-Step Guide
Date Sun, 23 May 2010 17:41:32 GMT
Hello Les,

On May 23, 2010, at 19:21 , Les Hazlewood wrote:

> To that end, I created such a guide that I hope will help people in the future:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/shiro/confluence-auto-export.html
>
> Please feel free to comment and make suggestions.  Hopefully this is
> one less thing a podling has to worry about.

Great guide!

Regarding chapter 2, about static resources, it is possible to serve those from Confluence
too. What we did at Felix was create a page called "Media" and attach all static resources
to that page, like this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/FELIX/Media

Those files will then end up in a folder called "media.data". We use those both for images
and CSS. The results can be seen in:

http://felix.apache.org/site/media.data/

Regarding chapter 7, if you want to more quickly preview the results of your actions, Confluence
auto exports its pages to a folder named after your space in the root of the cwiki server,
like this:

https://cwiki.apache.org/FELIX/

Greetings, Marcel