incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ross Gardler <rgard...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Incubator proposal template
Date Sat, 29 May 2010 21:33:47 GMT
On 29/05/2010 13:55, Tim Williams wrote:
> I wonder why the proposal template doesn't explicitly ask the
> proposers about their belief in the Apache Way?

When I'm reviewing proposals I am looking for this in the proposal as a
whole. There are plenty of places where this shows through, e.g:

Rationale
Explains why this project needs to exist and why should it be adopted by
Apache. This is the right place for discursive material.

Meritocracy
... This is the right place to demonstrate that this process is
understood by the proposers. ...

Community
Candidates should start with a community and have the potential to grow
and renew this community by attracting new users and developers. Explain
how the proposal fits this vision.

Alignment
Describe why Apache is a good match for the proposal.

A Excessive Fascination with the Apache Brand
Concerns have been raised in the past that some projects appear to have
been proposed just to generate positive publicity for the proposers.
This is the right place to convince everyone that is not the case.

Ross