incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: Incubator podling website problems
Date Mon, 24 May 2010 14:52:46 GMT
There we go.  I'll update

http://incubator.apache.org/guides/sites.html

to reference the branding page.

Regards,
Alan

On May 24, 2010, at 7:16 AM, Stuart Monteith wrote:

> Hello,
>    After a brief panic that I might have done something wrong I remembered that I made
the Apache Kato website
> conform to the guidelines in the following webpage:
>
>    http://incubator.apache.org/guides/branding.html
>
> This requires podlings to include a disclaimer in their documentation (your last point).
> As for the feather, podling websites SHOULD include the incubator project logo.
>
> Do the existing guidelines in the webpage I cited seem sufficient for everyone? Perhaps
just a reminder is needed then.

> Regards,
>    Stuart
>
> Alan D. Cabrera wrote:
>> IIUC, some of the points that were made below are currently your opinions not direct
mandates from the Incubator PMC.  Podlings may not realize that and become frustrated as we
"work things out".  I would hate to whipsaw the podlings as things gel.

>> I think that it would be good to state what the problem is that we're trying to solve
and how  the currently published incubator web site rules do not adequately address that problem.
 Once we have a set of rules that have been voted in, then we can contact the individual PPMCs
to inform them of the changes.

>> I think that people need to be clearly informed that the podling and its products
are not official artifacts of the Apache Software Foundation.  I think it would be good to
have some consistency in the appearance, content, and placement of incubation disclaimers.
 I think that we can do this on web sites and artifacts.

>> I like some of the points you make.  I think we should have a standard incubation
"disclaimer" in the home page of all podling web sites.  Having it on the download page would
be a good idea too.