incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: April 2010 Incubator Board Report
Date Wed, 21 Apr 2010 07:18:04 GMT
On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:43 AM, Noel J. Bergman <noel@devtech.com> wrote:
>> Note that most of the "signed off by mentor" lines present at
>> http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/April2010 are missing from the below
>> report.
>
> Always.  While those sign-offs are of interest to the Incubator PMC, and I check them
as I prepare the monthly report, my view is that the report submitted to the Board comes from
the PMC.  So unless the Board dictates otherwise, or the Incubator PMC votes otherwise, I
am not going to put individuals on the hook for the PMC's report....

Ok, I see your point. Looks like you forgot to remove one this time,
which caused my confusion ;-)

My view is that signing off does not put any additional burden on the
signer, but rather indicates that mentors are actively following the
podling, including its reports. Mentors are in charge of the podling
anyway, sign-off or not.

But maybe the board doesn't need this info, if that's the case I'm
fine with removing the sign-offs as you did.

-Bertrand