incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <>
Subject Re: Compatibility of code written in Scala with Apache License
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 07:29:15 GMT

On Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:51 AM, Sandro Martini
<> wrote:
> ...a quick question (I hope this is the right place for this question, if
> not excuse me):...

The best place for such questions is, but I
think this case is simple enough to be answered here.

> I have some code created in Scala, and I'd like (if accepted by other
> team members, but in any case this is an interesting thing to know) in
> the future to publish it into SVN here (I'm one of Apache Pivot
> Developers), but I'd like a confirm that this will be compatible with
> the Apache license.
> The main dependency it has is to Scala, and then also with other
> related Scala libraries mainly for tests (but this could be drop in
> case of problems)....

You should look at each library's license individually, and check or ask legal-discuss if unclear.

> Scala is licensed in a similar way of BSD (
>  ,
>  ) ... so there shouldn't be
> problems, right ?

Those licenses look good to me, and IIUC they require the copyright
notice to be added to your project's NOTICE file.

> ...Thanks you very much for the help...

You're welcome - anything that comes out of epfl is a Good Thing (my
office is just 2km from that ;-)

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message