incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Compatibility of code written in Scala with Apache License
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 22:51:59 GMT
Hi to all,
a quick question (I hope this is the right place for this question, if
not excuse me):

I have some code created in Scala, and I'd like (if accepted by other
team members, but in any case this is an interesting thing to know) in
the future to publish it into SVN here (I'm one of Apache Pivot
Developers), but I'd like a confirm that this will be compatible with
the Apache license.

The main dependency it has is to Scala, and then also with other
related Scala libraries mainly for tests (but this could be drop in
case of problems).
Scala is licensed in a similar way of BSD (
http://www.scala-lang.org/node/146  ,
http://www.scala-lang.org/node/249  ) ... so there shouldn't be
problems, right ?

Thanks you very much for the help,