incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ate Douma <...@douma.nu>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Termination of WSRP4J podling
Date Tue, 20 Apr 2010 21:35:33 GMT
On 04/20/2010 01:44 AM, David Crossley wrote:
> Ate Douma wrote:
>>
>> What exactly is the "standard" procedure for a terminated podling, I can't
>> really find anything on that on the incubator website.
>
> There ain't no exactlies.
>
> Searching for the term "Retire" has better results. However as far
> as i recall not much actual docs. Searching the mail archives for
> previous retired projects would help.
>
> Some tasks are noted at Clutch
> http://incubator.apache.org/clutch.html
> do find-in-page "retire" ...
> "Dormant or Retired - Remove from the ReportingSchedule.
> In the Projects in incubation table, move it to the "Dormant"
> or "Retired" section. Remove entry from right-side panel. (doc)
> "
>
> The doc link goes to https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INCUBATOR-100
> "document the process for a podling that has decided to go to dormant status"
> which links to some previous ideas about what needs to be done.
>
> Hope that helps.
>
> -David

Thanks, that really helped!

I've scanned all incubator site-author documents with references to WSRP4J and took if from
there.
AFAIK I've covered all needed site-author specific changes and committed those back to site-publish
and ran svn up on people.apache.org
Furthermore, I removed WSRP4J from the Incubator ReportingSchedule Wiki page.
I also asked infra to shutdown the WSRP4J mailing lists and make the svn tree read-only (INFRA-2631).
Also, we added a status update on the Portals website about the WSRP4J termination and I just
send out a final and last email to the WSRP4J
mailing lists.

If anyone thinks there is something else left to do, please let me know.

Regards,

Ate