incubator-general mailing list archives

From Toni Menzel <>
Subject Re: Third party Maven Repository Usage
Date Mon, 08 Mar 2010 16:38:26 GMT
I don't know of any apache policy regarding external repositories but i
usual don't recommend placing repositories into the POM at all.
Best practice is to use a repository manager and add the repositories there.
So, i am not sure how Apache Hudson is configured currently, but i would
suggest connecting it to a
(probably it already is).
Then, just make sure your desired repository is proxied there.

On Mon, Mar 8, 2010 at 4:50 PM, Gurkan Erdogdu <>wrote:

> Hi;
> Is there any rule/policy for using third-party maven repositories in our
> project poms? Recently, we have required to list some repositories in
> settings.xml (for example: jboss) to our codebase built correctly. But when
> Apache-Hudson runs to built daily, it throws errors because of not finding
> required repositories. Is it OK to list those repositories in our poms?
> I have just found
> FAQ and common mistakes section.
> Thanks;
> --Gurkan

Toni Menzel
Independent Software Developer
Professional Profile:     - New Energy for OSS Communities - Open
Participation Software.