incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <>
Subject Re: Question on tlps using incubator releases
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:55:46 GMT

On Mar 23, 2010, at 7:16 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> Patrick Hunt wrote:
>> Are there any issues with Apache tlps using incubator releases? I've heard, but cannot
find any official documentation, that tlps should not. Is this really the case? Are there
any rules/guidelines for this?
> I don't think this is a problem.  One project can even release otherwise unreleased code
from another project, but, in doing so, it takes on the onus of ensuring that the code was
obtained legally, is licensed correctly, etc.  Incubator releases are approved by the Incubator
PMC, and have had as much (or more) legal review as releases by other TLPs.

Agreed. I know we had Geronimo releases with OpenEJB and ActiveMQ out of incubator. We did
carry the Incubator Disclaimer forward. However, I don't think this was really necessary...

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message