incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Question on tlps using incubator releases
Date Tue, 23 Mar 2010 23:16:47 GMT
Patrick Hunt wrote:
> Are there any issues with Apache tlps using incubator releases? I've
> heard, but cannot find any official documentation, that tlps should not.
> Is this really the case? Are there any rules/guidelines for this?

I don't think this is a problem.  One project can even release otherwise
unreleased code from another project, but, in doing so, it takes on the
onus of ensuring that the code was obtained legally, is licensed
correctly, etc.  Incubator releases are approved by the Incubator PMC,
and have had as much (or more) legal review as releases by other TLPs.

Doug