incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Approve the release of apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 16:10:28 GMT
Hi,

Trying this again, the artifact is still the same as the previous
attempt, but I'm trying to improve this request email,  to hopefully get
a few more votes.

The Traffic Server PPMC has voted on and approved the release of TS
v2.0.0-alpha. We would now like to request the approval from the
Incubator PMC for this release. The original vote thread is

The release candidate artifact and checksums / signature can be found at:

http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/
http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2

http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.md5

http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.sha1

http://people.apache.org/~zwoop/apache-trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha.tar.bz2.asc

The .asc signature is signed by me (Leif Hedstrom (CODE SIGNING KEY)
<zwoop@apache.org>, fingerprint is 5D7BBC5A). I have verified that this
key is available on at least two key servers, and the KEYS file for the
project includes it as well:

     http://www.apache.org/dist/incubator/trafficserver/KEYS

The checksums of the release artifact are

     md5sum: 18f914f3873bc4d22c5f3115b9db011f
     sha1sum: f735a19a70c2aa69d97d4ea239a5192258dadf17

Note that this release only supports the Linux platform, but has been
tested on a number of distros, both 32- and 64-bit. Apache TS v2.2.0
will support many more Unix flavours (trunk already does), but no
support for Windows is planned thus far. If someone wants to start
working on that, most of the code base is Windows compatible, just needs
a little tender love and care.

The artifact is only released as a bzip2'd tar-ball, and probably needs
to be analyzed using tools available on a Unix platform (I'm not a
Windows person, so I don't know what is available there).

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache
trafficserver-incubating-2.0.0-alpha:

[  ] +1 Publish
[  ]   0 Abstain
[  ] -1 Don't publish, because...

Below is a summary of the vote on the mailing list.

Thanks,

-- Leif

Subject:  [RESULT] [VOTE] Release candidate for Traffic Server 2.0.0-alpha

The vote for release passes with six +1 votes, and no -1 or 0 votes. I
will request for the IPMC to release this.

Thanks!

-- leif

[+1] Leif Hedstrom
[+1] George Paul