incubator-general mailing list archives

From Marshall Schor <...@schor.com>
Subject Re: Anyone using ASF software in bio-informatics?
Date Wed, 10 Mar 2010 11:52:23 GMT
Apache UIMA is used by many projects in this space.  Here are 2:

The Open Health Natural Language Processing (OHNLP) Consortium [1] says,
under "goals", "The Consortium promotes the open source UIMA framework
and SDK <http://incubator.apache.org/uima/> as the basis for biomedical
NLP systems. Applications created within UIMA consist of software
components (referred to as annotators) and their associated
configuration files and external resources. Within the framework, one
can also create complete pipelines composed of a sequence of annotators
and the data flow between them.

Another is the u-compare web-site, [2] which is an integrated text
mining/natural language processing system based on the UIMA Framework,
with annotators mainly in the Bio-informatics space

-Marshall

[1]
https://cabig-kc.nci.nih.gov/Vocab/KC/index.php/Open_Health_Natural_Language_Processing_%28OHNLP%29_Consortium

[2] http://u-compare.org/