incubator-general mailing list archives

From Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>
Subject Re: IP Clearance question
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 07:21:16 GMT

On 10/02/2010, at 8:49 AM, Brian Fox wrote:

> Question on Step 3:
> A software grant must be provided to the ASF. This grant can either be
> done by the ASF Corporate CLA (via Schedule B) or the traditional
> License Agreement. Acceptable methods of sending the grant to the ASF
> includes:
> snail-mail to the ASF office and/or ASF officer
> FAXing to the ASF office and/or an ASF officer
> Emailing the scanned document to secretary@apache.org and
> legal-archive@apache.org.
>

> Sonatype already has a CCLA on file and all the active committers are
> already Maven Committers. Do we need to file any additional paper work
> or is this step covered?

I think you'd either need to amend the CCLA to fill out schedule B, or submit a software grant.

While a contributor can probably commit it under section 7 of the CLA with the org's permission,
given the size of it and that it's a contribution from multiple people at once, I think the
grant is more appropriate.

- Brett

--
Brett Porter