incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] [PROPOSAL] Validation incubator for JSR-303 Bean Validation
Date Wed, 24 Feb 2010 14:11:46 GMT

On Feb 24, 2010, at 8:55 AM, James Carman wrote:

> Sorry, didn't read the proposal very closely.  The idea was that it
> would be brought into Commons Validator and become the 2.x codebase.
> I like that idea and I would think it would be wise to go through the
> incubator to make sure the codebase is donated "cleanly" to the ASF.
> My point was mainly about the name.  If it takes over the Commons
> Validator project, then we already have a name.  Issue closed.  Right?

Yes. That's how I view it. It's more than code clearance, however. There are processes for
that, already. Community building is why it is starting off as an Incubator project. I think
graduating to become Commons Validator v2 is a great outcome. But that's something for the
new community to decide.

--kevan