incubator-general mailing list archives

From Wathsala Vithanage <waths...@opensource.lk>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Dalesa P2P Web Cache Project
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 09:59:36 GMT
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply, I intentionally waited until Dalsa Howto
is ready so you could try it out easily if you are interested
(http://wathsalav.blogspot.com/2010/02/dalesa-howto-why-do-i-need-dalesa.html).
Dalesa is actually targeted for desktop computers, that means everyone with
a computer. Right now it is only used inside our lab ;). But it is not
limited to desktops only, the same is applicable for server clusters
as well.

As I have mentioned in the proposal we are also interested in TS
project and we could combine as you have mentioned. I think TS has a
better HTTP handling capabilities than Dalesa. Thanks for your
comments and I will check TS code this afternoon, hope it is using APR
unlike Dalesa.

Regards