incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: Switching incubator.apache.org to svnpubsub?
Date Fri, 05 Feb 2010 17:33:07 GMT
On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 12:26 AM, Paul Querna <paul@querna.org> wrote:
> It is possible to run an incubator.staging.apache.org, syncing off a
> branch, and the live site off trunk, or vice versa.
>
> (possible, but I wouldn't recommend it, merging html changes like that
> is pretty meh)

I think we pretty much have consensus so far to switch the main site.
However, I know before we can deploy this for incubator.a.o that we
need to determine how to get svnpubsub to deal with subdirs that
aren't necessarily using svnpubsub - as we do not necessarily want to
force all of the podlings to switch their sites right now.
So...thoughts here?  I think you mentioned tweaking our rsync scripts,
right?

(Perhaps we should move this conversation to infra-dev?)  -- justin