incubator-general mailing list archives

From Justin Erenkrantz <jus...@erenkrantz.com>
Subject Re: New project
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:41:04 GMT
On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 1:46 PM, Peter <pfranejr@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have 2 projects, both alpha and written in C++, that I am considering making open source.
I would like to know whether you are interested in hosting them as projects and what support
you can give me. You can see the screenshots here: http://jaskolskit.facebook.joyent.us/alpha.html.
A server-based (Solaris) version of ReforMath can be found here: http://jaskolskit.facebook.joyent.us/.
You can download both programs: http://jaskolskit.facebook.joyent.us/reformath.zip and http://jaskolskit.facebook.joyent.us/svgconvlib.zip.
> I hope to hear from you.

Hi Peter,

Those look kinda cool!

As far as the first step, you've come to the right place.  If you
haven't had a chance to review our proposal guide, I'd recommend
taking a look at: http://incubator.apache.org/guides/proposal.html.
That should hopefully give you an idea of what the beginning process
is.  More importantly, however, at this stage, you need to find some
members who are interested in helping guide you through this
Incubation process and they can explain things as you go along - and
even explain why Apache makes sense, or why it doesn't!

Sadly, I've got my hands full with two other podlings, so I'm maxed
out.  But, maybe some interested folks will chime in!

Good luck!  -- justin