incubator-general mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Interest in Android-based projects?
Date Tue, 16 Feb 2010 18:04:14 GMT
Scott Wilson wrote:

[snip]
> I completely agree - what I think would be useful would be a W3C
> Widgets[1] & W3C DAP[2] implementation for Android to enable
> cross-platform standards-based mobile app development (as suggested by
> Peter-Paul Koch [3]). Apache Wookie(Incubating)[4] already implements
> the Widgets spec so there is code there to build on.
>
> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/widgets/
> [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/dap/
> [3] http://quirksmode.org/presentations/sf09/google.pdf
> [4] http://incubator.apache.org/wookie/

Big +1, particularly since Android has this concept of widgets that
users can put on their home screen, but using an Android-specific API.
Implementing W3C widgets on top of this API would bring a wide range of
new widgets to Android, and also give more exposure to W3C widgets.

Sylvain

--
Sylvain Wallez - http://bluxte.net