incubator-general mailing list archives

From Kamesh Jayachandran <kam...@collab.net>
Subject (Is|Was) PHP part of ASF?
Date Wed, 10 Feb 2010 16:01:20 GMT
Hi All,

Sorry if it is a wrong mailing list, Please point me to the right one.

I was going through http://apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html

I found the following snip to ask the question as in the subject.

<snip>
But as the web grew bigger, economical interests started to grow, and
the Apache web site hosted new sister projects (such as the mod_ perl
project, the PHP project, the Java Apache project). The need for a more
coherent and structured organization that would shield individuals from
potential legal attacks felt more and more necessary.
</snip>

I ask this as I was involved in PHP development 5 years back and am
never aware of PHP being part of ASF.

I am not subscribed to this list, please CC me in your response.

Thanks
With regards
Kamesh Jayachandran