incubator-general mailing list archives

From Paul Querna <p...@querna.org>
Subject Re: Checking status of "transfer rights" ?
Date Tue, 09 Feb 2010 22:00:20 GMT
On Mon, Feb 8, 2010 at 8:49 AM, Leif Hedstrom <zwoop@apache.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> sorry if this is not the right channel for this question, but, I'd like to
> find out if ASF has received any paperworks from Yahoo!, showing that we've
> transfered the rights for Traffic Server code to ASF. If not, is there a
> form that they need to fill out and submit?

There hasn't been a CCLA, but all of traffic servers commits have been
covered by iCLAs of the comitters, so no, Yahoo does not need to do
anything else.

> Also, I know we still need to transfer some TM over to ASF as well, but that
> is still being worked on. I'd assume transfer of these remaining TMs (most
> have expired already, including the one in the US) is a prerequisite for
> doing an official Apache Traffic Server release?

I honestly don't think we should block doing a release on this, if
Yahoo sues us over the TM, well... heh, it just doesn't make sense.

Thanks,

Paul