incubator-general mailing list archives

From Upayavira>
Subject Re: Switching to svnpubsub?
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 14:51:25 GMT
On Tue, 2010-02-02 at 22:57 -0800, Justin Erenkrantz wrote:
> Hi general@,
> I'd like to suggest switching over to svnpubsub.
> (We can do so by filing a JIRA like INFRA-2349:
> This would mean that any commits made to the site-publish tree would
> automatically be deployed to the site.  No more delays, no more SSH
> and SVN up fun.  Yay.  This does mean you trade off the fact that you
> can't delay anything - but, in general, I think that's fine for the
> incubator site and would substantially lower the barrier of entry to
> folks working on the Incubator site.  Often times, people's first
> experience with the ASF is through the podlings, so I think it would
> be nice if we could make it a bit easier to publish the incubator.a.o
> site.
> What do folks think?  -- justin
> P.S. On IRC, Paul mentions there may be some complications with
> respect to podling sites as sub-directories, but he promises that it
> is "feasible" to address.  *grin*

While I'd like to see a decent CMS set up, pubsub is here now, and much
better than what we currently have.

Also, as has been said, few podlings will opt for the current
Anakia/checkout on p.a.o approach, so there's little argument that
making them use it for the incubator site is 'educational'.

So, here's my +1.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message