incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthieu Riou <matthieu.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Apache Cassandra as a TLP
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 16:17:45 GMT
The relative smallness of the PMC is more a result of Cassandra's history I
think. They've started really small (basically one active committer) and
added committers gradually. Those committers have been elected in the PPMC
usually one to two months after their election, you can check the archives.
The pace has been accelerating lately so a few committers are in the
pipeline for PMC. I wouldn't read any more than that in the PMC size. For
the record, my first PPMC (ODE) was elected with more names but the same
amount of active ones. And that was a bit painful, a tight PMC will help
them get a quicker vote turnaround.

That being said, I've already mentioned on Cassandra's mailing lists that
I'd be sticking around a little longer as a member. If you see that it would
facilitate things, I'd be happy to do it as a PMC member as well.

Thanks,
Matthieu