incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Copyright issue (ESME-47)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 20:06:34 GMT
On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 8:59 PM, Robert Burrell Donkin
<robertburrelldonkin@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 7:11 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
> <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 1:59 AM, Ralph Goers <ralph.goers@dslextreme.com> wrote:
>>> ...I suggest you review the thread that was provided and then see if you want
to reconsider your veto....

>> As this vote is not about a technical issue, I don't think there are
>> vetos - we should have explicitely specified that this is a majority
>> vote.
>>
>> Robert and Gianugo, did you mean to veto this with your -1s, or just
>> express your disagreement with the majority?
>
> i consider making claims about third party copyright ownership rather
> than a statement of fact is positively dangerous from a legal
> perspective
>
> so, it's a legal team veto until i have chance to review (my exam is
> tomorrow morning so i should be able to find some time in the
> afternoon)...

Ok, this should leave enough time for you to review within this vote's
72 hours duration ;-)

Please review this thread on the legal-discuss list, in particular:
http://markmail.org/thread/fy3gfbgezgkcq44j

Several experienced folks have voiced their opinions there, we didn't
just make this up out of thin air.

-Bertrand