incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] Validation incubator for JSR-303 Bean Validation
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 02:55:18 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:

> I think we'd agree that a fair amount of community building will be
> required for this new codebase and group of committers. [However,]
> given the small makeup of the Commons Validator community, I don't
> think it's reasonable to expect the Commons community to do this
> community building.

That seems a cogent enough explanation to warrant Incubation.  Thank you.  I
also believe that when you talk about multiple projects collaborating
actively on a shared, but separately useable, codebase, a TLP is often

As an aside, any issues that might relate to the Commons TLP, itself, are
outside the scope of the Incubator, and should be addressed elswhere.

	--- Noel

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message