incubator-general mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
Date Mon, 18 Jan 2010 19:24:42 GMT
I downloaded the Unix files, verified signatures, spot checked some files for accuracy and
built Imperius.

I noticed that your key has not been signed by anyone, although its not a requirement, its
nice to have.

+1 to release Imperius (binding)

On Dec 14, 2009, at 4:41 PM, Neeraj Joshi wrote:

> The Imperius community voted on and approved the release of Apache 
> Imperius 1.0.0. 
> We would now like to request the approval of the Incubator PMC for this 
> release.
> 
> Imperius is a rule-based policy evaluation engine based on the CIM-SPL 
> language from
> Distributed Management Task Force (dtmf.org). 
> 
> 
> The Imperius 1.0.0  RC6 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, 
> and is ready for a vote. The artifacts, KEYS file, RAT report and release 
> 
> notes can  be found at
> 
> http://people.apache.org/~jneeraj/apache-imperius-1.0.0-rc6/
> 
> The tag from which the release artifacts were generated can be found 
> at
> 
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/imperius/tags/release1.0.0rc6/
> 
> Revision no is 887217
> 
> In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT 
> key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
> 
> The KEYS file is checked in at 
> http://svn.apache.org.repos/asf/incubator/imperius/KEYS
> 
> Please vote to publish this release by Tuesday, Dec 17 18:00 EST.,
> please include the testing you performed to arrive at your vote
> [  ] +1 Publish
> [  ]   0 Abstain
> [  ] -1 Don't publish, because...
> 
> 
> Below is a summary of the vote on the Imperius mailing list (and further 
> below is the original vote email)
> 
> Thanks
> Neeraj
> 
> 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
> 
> IBM WebSphere ComputeGrid
> 
> Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 
> 
> 
> From:
> Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
> To:
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date:
> 12/14/2009 03:45 PM
> Subject:
> [VOTE][RESULT] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
> 
> 
> 
> Hello All,
> 
> Voting on the Imperius 1.0.0rc6 candidate release has concluded
> 
> Results: 
> 1 binding +1 vote
> 
> 6 non-binding +1 votes
> 
> Kevan Miller(*) +1
> 
> David Kaminsky +1
> David Wood +1
> Mark Carlson +1
> Erik Bengston +1
> Xiping Wang +1
> Jorge Lobo +1
> 
> Comments received:
> 
> 1. Comments from  Erik Bengston 
> 
>> - In the zip/tar file we have a /log.txt file that should be removed.
>> - Inside the jars we have a /META-INF/maven that should be removed too.
>> - imperius-splcore-1.0.0.jar does not have NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt
>> - IMO, the lib/javaspl-samples-1.0.0.jar should be moved to
>> samples/lib/javaspl-samples-1.0.0.jar
>> - IMO, NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt files in jar files should lie in
>> META-INF folder.
> 
> It was concluded that it is too early to make all/any Apache Imperius 
> artifacts available in the Maven
> repository
> 
> The other issues did not violate Apache policies and would be accommodated 
> 
> in subsequent releases.
> 
> 
> 
> 2.  Comments from Kevan Miller
> 
>> I note that the source distribution contains the following file: 
> imperius-cimsplclientsideprovider/customexpressions.properties which >is 
> not in the svn tag. The contents of this file are:
> 
>> SPL_CUSTOM_EXPRESSIONS
>> SPL_CUSTOM_ACTIONS
> 
> This file is innocuous and gets generated during JUnit testing 
> 
> 
> I will now take this vote to the general mailing list for a final vote. 
> We still need 2 +1 votes from IPMC members.
> 
> Thanks
> Neeraj 
> 
> 
> 
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
> Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 
> 
> 
> From:
> Neeraj Joshi/Durham/IBM@IBMUS
> To:
> imperius-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Date:
> 12/04/2009 10:06 AM
> Subject:
> [VOTE] Imperius 1.0.0 rc6
> 
> 
> 
> Hi All,
> 
> The Imperius 1.0.0  RC6 release candidate has been tagged, packaged, 
> and is ready for a vote. The artifacts, KEYS file, RAT report and release 
> 
> 
> notes can 
> be found at
> 
> http://people.apache.org/~jneeraj/apache-imperius-1.0.0-rc6/
> 
> The tag from which the release artifacts were generated can be found 
> at
> 
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/imperius/tags/release1.0.0rc6/
> 
> Revision no is 887217
> 
> In addition, my PGP public code signing key can be found at the MIT 
> key server (http://pgp.mit.edu/)
> 
> The KEYS file is checked in at 
> http://svn.apache.org.repos/asf/incubator/imperius/KEYS
> 
> Please vote to publish this release by Tuesday, Dec 08 18:00 EST.,
> please include the testing you performed to arrive at your vote
> [  ] +1 Publish
> [  ]   0 Abstain
> [  ] -1 Don't publish, because...
> 
> Upon a positive majority of binding votes and no binding vetoes, the
> results of this vote will be brought to the Incubator PMC and voted 
> upon there.
> 
> Thanks,
> -Neeraj
> 
> Change log:
> 1. Checked in the build.xml from the release artifact into the SVN tag. 
> All the release artifacts
> from previous candidate (r5) are the same.
> 2. Updated the SVN revision number.
> 3. Left the redundant zip/gz files as is.
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> "It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my 
> reasons for them". -Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
> 
> Neeraj Joshi (knee-rudge)
> WebSphere XD - Compute Grid
> AIM, IBM
> Apache Imperius - http://incubator.apache.org/imperius
> ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> 
> 
> 

Matt Hogstrom
matt@hogstrom.org

A Day Without Nuclear Fusion Is a Day Without Sunshine


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: general-unsubscribe@incubator.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: general-help@incubator.apache.org


Mime
View raw message