incubator-general mailing list archives

From Matthias Wessendorf <>
Subject Re: [Discuss] Apache Cassandra as a TLP
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:49:36 GMT
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:39 AM, Bertrand Delacretaz
<> wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 2:25 AM, Matthieu Riou <> wrote:
>> ...By the way if you have a few minutes, some feedback about the resolution
>> that Eric attached would be cool...
> The resolution looks good to me, but the proposed PMC is really small:
>         * Jonathan Ellis            <>
>         * Eric Evans                <>
>         * Jun Rao                   <>
>         * Chris Goffinet            <>
> And all of its members are currently active in Cassandra only.
> Would it be possible for (some of) the mentors to stay onboard for a while?
> With only 4 PMC members to start with, the risk of being unable to get
> 3 votes on issues is real.

that's a good point, Bertrand. Those that are involved in other
communities are the
mentors, like Torsten, Matthieu or Brian (according to [1]). Looks like the only
exception is "Johan Oskarsson", but I am not to familiar with the
community itself
and its activity. However I noted that Johan voted for the graduation...

I am also not sure why the proposed PMC is that small. Some try to expand
their PPMC during incubation with all the active folks (mailings and commits).
So, I am not sure on the reason why there is this "small" (P)PMC.