incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <d...@cottrell-cutting.net>
Subject avro in mapreduce
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 17:33:36 GMT
I would like to call folks attention to MAPREDUCE-1126.

This is a key link in a series of issues involved in integrating Avro in
Mapreduce.  Aaron proposed a design in early December, building on the
design Tom developed last summer and committed in September in
HADOOP-6165.  Aaron's design was approved, and, after several rounds of
reviews, I committed Aaron's patch on 11 January.

On 15 January Owen reverted this commit without warning.  It seems that
Owen objects to the path initiated last July in HADOOP-6165.

Aaron has also contributed MAPREDUCE-815, which permits one to use Avro
for all phases of Mapreduce.  When that issue is committed, the primary
chain of Avro integration into Mapreduce will be complete.

Can others please take the time to read this issue and express their
opinions?

Thank you,

Doug