incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: Discussion: graduating Subversion
Date Tue, 26 Jan 2010 09:56:41 GMT
On 1/26/10 6:00 AM, Niclas Hedhman wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 26, 2010 at 4:49 AM, Greg Stein<gstein@gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Before calling for a vote to graduate Subversion, I figured it prudent
>> to have a discussion first. I believe Subversion is quite ready (and
>> has been, but the holidays and whatnot kept me from sending this
>> earlier).
>>
>> Any thoughts on why Subversion should NOT graduate now?
>
> I want to see a graduation. Motivation; Incubator is about fostering
> the community, and I don't think that the Incubator can provide
> anything additional from the Apache folks already present in the
> Subversion community. Anything else sounds like bureaucracy for the
> sake of it, to me...

Talking about bureaucracy, comparing

   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/subversion.html

and

   http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/January2010

looks like the status file is not quite up to date.

I'm assuming the question of graduation being asked means that all 'em
boxes should in fact have been ticked by now. If so I say tick 'em and
vote :)

cheers,

Leo