incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Handling of Traffic Server Trademark
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 15:50:42 GMT
On 01/19/2010 01:55 AM, Bernd Fondermann wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 03:50, Noel J. Bergman<noel@devtech.com>  wrote:
>
>> Leif Hedstrom wrote:
>>

>>> Traffic Server would like to resolve the TradeMark issues.
>>> Who would be able to make this call?
>>>

> <snip/>
>
>> Does anyone else have an opinion?  Please do offer it.  :-)
>>
> There's a third option: Rename the project.
> Has this been discussed already?

It hasn't been discussed, but I'm pretty sure it's not something the
PPMC would want to do. The only reason to do this, I think, would be if
we can't resolve the trademark issues any other way.

It sounds like there are a couple of "votes" for having Y! transfer the
TMs to ASF. I'll ask our legal team to start working on that.

Thanks,

-- leif