incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Proposal] JPPF : a parallel processing framework for Java
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2010 19:06:44 GMT
Alan D. Cabrera a écrit :

> On Jan 12, 2010, at 7:27 AM, Grant Ingersoll wrote:

>>> No, not yet, but that's clearly an option. At least, a better fit
>>> than MINA, IMO.
>>>
>>> Let's do that.
>>
>> Yeah, Hadoop isn't just about Map-Reduce.
>
> Just curious, if there's no Hadoop tech in the project then why have
> it sponsored by Hadoop?
Well, probably because it would be the place where we can find some
people interested in participating in the project, increasing the
community around it. Or maybe merging with Hadoop if there are many
parts that can be shared, or becoming a subproject if it's substancially
different in some areas, but have parts in common.

At the end of the day, if Hadoop peeps think that the project is
orthogonal to what they do, at least they can say so.