incubator-general mailing list archives

From Craig L Russell <Craig.Russ...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: ASF: what do we have left?
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2010 19:12:43 GMT
When we discussed graduation requirements on the incubator general
list, the idea was to have the incubator review a release made by the
team, and review the process of releasing.

There is still the open discussion of whether any of the Java package
names need to be changed for an Apache release.

Recently, the River podling came up with a rationale for releasing
Java code from Apache that was not in the org.apache domain, and other
projects also release code in e.g. the javax name space. What's the
current thinking of the subversion team with regard to the Java name
space?

Craig

On Jan 11, 2010, at 5:43 AM, C. Michael Pilato wrote:

> Did we successfully release something under the incubation's watch?
> Or was
> success not a prerequisite?  :-)
>

> Greg Stein wrote:
>> Nothing. We should start a graduation vote this week.
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 15:17, Hyrum K. Wright
>> <hyrum_wright@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:
>>> It's been a few weeks, since we've talked about it, and as our
>>> report
>>> to the Incubator PMC is due sometime soon, I'd like to ask: what
>>> do we
>>> have left for graduation?  I'm not trying to rush the process, just
>>> advance it.
>>>
>>> -Hyrum
>

> --
> C. Michael Pilato <cmpilato@collab.net>