incubator-general mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <ralph.go...@dslextreme.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Copyright issue (ESME-47)
Date Wed, 20 Jan 2010 00:59:54 GMT

On Jan 19, 2010, at 8:51 AM, Robert Burrell Donkin wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:10 AM, Anne Kathrine Petter√łe
> <yojibee@gmail.com> wrote:
>> PPMC and IPMC, please re-vote on the following regarding copyright issue ESME-47.
>
> <snip>
>
>> 2. The Apache License block will be followed by a legacy comment (Only in files where
the WorldWide Conferencing notice currently exists, except any files where user dpp has not
made any contribution):
>> /* * Portions Copyright 2009 WorldWide Conferencing, LLC */
>
> <ipmc-hat><legal-hat><ianal>
>
> if this language has not been cleared with our lawyers on legal-private then :
>
> * i'm -1 on this phrasing
> * please raise a legal JIRA for appropriate language

As others have said, this has been discussed at length on legal-discuss. The "lawyers" have
expressed their opinion (that it mostly doesn't matter).  I think requesting a Jira issue
for this is a bad idea because a) it is highly unlikely that the result will be different
and b) legal Jira issues aren't noted for being resolved quickly and c) Jira issues are resolved
by lawyers.

I suggest you review the thread that was provided and then see if you want to reconsider your
veto.

Ralph