incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niclas Hedhman <nic...@hedhman.org>
Subject Re: How documentation != code, and how to "do" policy (was: Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion)
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2009 06:03:51 GMT
On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Joe Schaefer <joe_schaefer@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There's also a world of difference between worldwide distribution
> and distribution to a self-selected subgroup.

You are right that it is a big "IMHO" of everything here, but
"self-selected subgroup" is not a legal term in copyrighted material
either. So, no clue of who has no clue ;-)
Either it is available to the public or it is not. And as I mentioned,
in EU people at your work place are "public" and not "private", vs
friends are "private". Now that definition probably differs in
different jurisdictions, so if you have credential requirements then
you are in a different, more 'at work'-like situation. The fact that
"anyone can download" makes it "public" no matter how you look at it.

"Liability considerations", not sure what you are trying to hint, or
whether you just try to toss me off the track... It is easy to be
vague and sound educated.

Cheers
--
Niclas Hedhman, Software Developer