incubator-general mailing list archives

From Stefane Fermigier>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 14:52:02 GMT
Same for me (if I understand your opinion correctly): we shouldn't
have OpenCMIS competing with a subproject of Chemistry, because it
will have a negative impact both internally (on project developers)
and externally (on project customers):

1. Internally: duplication of effort, instead of focussing on
providing the best possible API.

2. Externally: blurred message, two different API / models to learn.

On Dec 11, 2009, at 2:35 PM, Ugo Cei wrote:

> On Dec 10, 2009, at 4:00 PM, Florent Guillaume wrote:
>> My earlier recommendation to Paul and Florian, and my recommendation
>> today, is that, if incubating is deemed the better choice, OpenCMIS
>> become a top level directory under the Chemistry codebase. The
>> earlier
>> the two codebases are brought together, the earlier we can start
>> factoring things (and there are quite a few boilerplates in the CMIS
>> spec). IMHO it would also be nice if the high-level APIs could
>> converge, as they are what the Java programmer will see and, when it
>> makes sense, we should reduce confusion.
> Here's my +1 from the peanut gallery. I personally don't find the
> idea of incubating OpenCMIS appealing at all.
> 	Ugo
> --
> Ugo Cei
> Sourcesense - making sense of Open Source:

Web: - Tel: +33 1 40 33 79 87
New: follow me on Twitter:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: