incubator-general mailing list archives

From "Noel J. Bergman" <n...@devtech.com>
Subject RE: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Mon, 14 Dec 2009 20:51:47 GMT
> I'm not sure if having two podlings implementing CMIS is a good idea.

The Incubator is not really in the business of pre-selecting winners.  If there are two communities
that want to incubate, those are two separate items.  If there is a reason to see if they
can merge, I am all for it.  Merging can mean more critical mass and a more diverse community.
 But there is a difference between encouraging and facilitating a merger, and forcing one
or choosing a "winner".

	--- Noel