incubator-general mailing list archives

From Niall Pemberton <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Sat, 05 Dec 2009 00:27:03 GMT
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:45 PM, Doug Cutting <cutting@apache.org> wrote:
> Niall Pemberton wrote:
>>
>> What we publish on the ASF websites
>> doesn't have to conform to the licensing policy that releases do.

I would prefer what I say isn't distorted by selective editing.

> I'm not talking about the website in general.  I'm talking specifically
> about publishing content primarily intended for inclusion in releases. Would

Publication & release are two different things - thats the point.

> we permit someone to mirror other files from trunk on the website?  What's

Yes and I bet every project provides a link to browse subversion which
itself is just another web site.

> special about documentation?  It comes from contributors, we require an ICLA

Everything is contributed by someone, including the web site contents.

Niall