incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Fri, 18 Dec 2009 11:06:01 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Dec 9, 2009 at 6:21 PM, Goetz, Paul <paul.goetz@sap.com> wrote:
> we would like to propose a new incubator podling called OpenCMIS.

Have you had a chance to digest all the feedback?

The way I see it, the options for going forward with this proposal are:

1) Include OpenCMIS in the Chemistry project as a parallel codebase.

2) Incubate OpenCMIS as a separate project.

I'd personally prefer option 1 as it requires less up-front setup and
avoids extra barriers between the communities, but I'd be happy to
support also option 2 if the OpenCMIS community prefers that. Note
that we could also get started with option 1 and move on to option 2
if coexistence within a single project doesn't work out.

BR,

Jukka Zitting