incubator-general mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 08:42:12 GMT

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:18 AM, Bhuvaneswaran A <> wrote:
> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Hyrum K. Wright
> <> wrote:
>> Back the original question: What's the best/typical way of generating
>> and providing these documents?  Subversion is using svnwcsub to
>> publish, but I don't think it's reasonable to check
>> in a copy of the API documentation.
> To add to it and if i was not clear in my original email, when I say
> "update docs on nightly basis", I mean updating the files every night.
> It does not mean generating new set of doc files every night.

Some Apache projects are now using Hudson builds to generate their web
sites from sources stored in svn. The generated site is periodically
rsynced to the correct place This setup is still a
bit experimental but should cover your needs pretty well.

The infra@ and site-dev@ archives are not public so I unfortunately
can't point you to the relevant threads there, but see for example for a related description
of how the Apache Tika web site is currently handled.