incubator-general mailing list archives

From Bhuvaneswaran A <bhuvaneswa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Fri, 04 Dec 2009 03:18:51 GMT
On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 4:23 AM, Hyrum K. Wright
<hyrum_wright@mail.utexas.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 3, 2009, at 2:14 PM, Paul Querna wrote:

>>> Were these published these on the official public website or in the dev/
>>> section?
>>>
>>> I was under the impression that released documentation should be treated
>>> similarly to released code.  The convention I've used is that stuff that's
>>> in trunk, stuff that's intended to be included in releases, is only
>>> published after release.  Other pages on the website that are not included
>>> in releases, e.g., the project's home page, are clearly published without a
>>> release vote.
>>
>> <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/trunk/>
>>
>> Which is linked from the sidebar everywhere, and on the docs page:
>> <http://httpd.apache.org/docs/>
>
> Back the original question: What's the best/typical way of generating and providing these
documents?  Subversion is using svnwcsub to publish subvesion.apache.org, but I don't think
it's reasonable to check in a copy of the API documentation.

To add to it and if i was not clear in my original email, when I say
"update docs on nightly basis", I mean updating the files every night.
It does not mean generating new set of doc files every night. Overall
we'll maintain just one copy that is updated every night. I wish there
should be a place other that site/ area in repository, if
people.apache.org is not apt.

--
Regards,
Bhuvaneswaran A