incubator-general mailing list archives

From Emmanuel LŽcharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Sun, 13 Dec 2009 01:47:11 GMT
Joe Schaefer a écrit :
> <snip/>
>> I see where Joe is going to with his "let both project get in and let's see
>> which one will survive", I can't help but thinking that beside the rules, there
>> is a spirit which is way more important.
>>
>> At least, let's try...
>>

> The way I see it the purpose of a proposal is to attract mentors to the proposal.
> Given that Chemistry is already here, and contains lots of people who know how
> to build communities around the code, I can understand the reluctance to support
> a competing effort by some people.
I must admit that it's human nature, but I think - but I'm probably
optimistic - that people working on an apache project should overcome
this reluctance. In this very case, as Chemistry has entered the
incubator more than 6 months ago, I can understand that 'merging' with
OpenCMIS would slow down the process, and OTOH, OpenCMIS may not like
the idea to be seen as a sub-project... But this is the Incubator, the
perfect place yo work out such problems. My fear is that by accepting
two separate projects, one may die (or even both), because of the lack
of community... It seems less likely if both project work out a common
solution, IMHO.

Collaboration does not kill good ideas...