incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:36:11 GMT
Stefane Fermigier schrieb:
> OK, I personally believe this is in contradiction with the first
> commandment of the Apache Way:
>
> "*Community over Code* is a frequent saying that exemplifies ASF
> projects. Community uses Openness and Merit, expressed through
> Collaborative and Consensus driven work, to build lasting projects
> that use a Pragmatic License. While a diverse community is a
> requirement for every ASF project, we also expect people to contribute
> as Individuals, and wear appropriate Hats."

I cannot see any contradiction. Can you explain where exactly you see
the contradiction?

> -> Let our Apache Foundation overlords decide.

who are you refering to?

> I still think that at least there should be common code (ex:
> constants, as suggested by Jukka) and I hope that this will the case,
> in any case.

Maybe you want to go one step towards OpenCMIS and make a concrete
suggestion what you think could be shared and I am quite certain
the OpenCMIS guys will also make a step towards Chemistry as well ....
and I am confident collaboration will happen, but yes somebody has
to make a first step and maybe it is even an advantage to take this
first step ;-)

Cheers

Michael