incubator-general mailing list archives

From Leo Simons <m...@leosimons.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Sat, 12 Dec 2009 03:43:36 GMT
Heya OpenCMIS folks,

Since it looks like you aren't currently supported by a champion or
mentor [1], I thought I'd fill in a small part and inject some warm
fuzzies...

*Thanks* for open sourcing your project and *thanks* for considering
doing it at apache. Its always a lot of effort to go through this kind
of public vetting and I'm sure the wider CMIS community will somehow
benefit from you taking the time.

Though it may look like you're not really receiving the warm welcome you
perhaps expected, this kind of discussion is quite normal when people
(engineery types especially!) are excited about a topic...in some ways
the only warm welcome we do is the "hot" welcome :)

So even if it doesn't feel that way, having this boatload of discussion
is actually sort of good news -- you have sparked lots of interest and
people are looking carefully at your proposal, Jukka's even looking at
all the code in detail, that doesn't always happen ;)

It looks like you're doing a good job keeping it cool and answering
questions. I'm sure there's a couple of days more work ahead to sort out
what looks like a pretty complex discussion about the relationship
between OpenCMIS and Chemistry. Keep at it!

cheers,

Leo

[1] no, you really don't want me as a mentor [2], so don't ask :)
[2] because I would offer you an opinion or two about CMIS and it'd all
end in tears...