incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Fri, 11 Dec 2009 22:18:29 GMT
Florian Müller wrote:
> Well, here is a citation from http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html (section
"The Foundation Incubator"):

> "It must be noted that the incubator (just like the board) does not perform filtering
on the basis of technical issues. This is because the foundation respects and suggests variety
of technical approaches. It doesn't fear innovation or even internal confrontation between
projects which overlap in functionality."

right and as long as OpenCMIS fulfills the requirements of the incubator
I don't see any reason why there shouldn't be two projects of the same
topic.

I also do not see any reason why OpenCMIS should be a sub-project of
Chemistry.
Give it a chance of its own within the current rules of the incubator
and it will either work or not.
If it works, then graduate, if not, then remove it.

Or am I missing something which violates any current rule of the incubator?

Cheers

Michael