incubator-general mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 10:17:24 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz wrote:

> As Gianugo says, the Chemistry folks are certainly the best people to
> judge (together with you guys of course) whether your ideas can be
> incorporated in Chemistry, or are better off in a separate project.
>
> The Incubator's position is very probably that it's fine to have
> different projects working on similar things, but in general we're all
> for strong communities, and if you guys can join forces with Chemistry
> from the start that's probably a better way to build a strong
> community.

well, let's be honest: Merging communities can be a very difficult thing
(from both sides)

I don't think it's a problem to have two CMIS projects. I think the
important thing is that
each project is able to build a "healthy" community around code of great
quality and that
the communications/processes are transparent.

I understand that from the outside it looks odd to have two or even
several projects of the same topic, but evolution is variation (with some
balance though ;-)

Cheers

Michael