incubator-general mailing list archives

From Felix Meschberger <fmesc...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] OpenCMIS incubator for Content Mangement Interoperability Services (CMIS)
Date Thu, 10 Dec 2009 08:59:36 GMT
Hi,

Gianugo Rabellino schrieb:
> ... snip ...
> I wish this discussion happened on chemistry-dev, and I would actually
> like to see what the community as a whole thinks about it. I'd
> actually prefer to see OpenCMIS possibly spinning off from Chemistry
> after an unsuccessful integration attempt rather than merging at a
> later time.

I share Gianugo's and Bertrand's concerns. And as a mentor to the
Chemistry poddling, I am even somewhat more concerned....

As such, I would welcome such discussion very much to take place and to
sort out the issues.

Regards
Felix

>> And there are other Apache products co-existing in parallel (e.g. Axis and CXF, just
to pick one example), and the ASF has never stated that this has to be avoided. So to me,
it seemed that the idea of having two projects in parallel isn't that bad.