incubator-general mailing list archives

From Doug Cutting <cutt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Publishing api docs for Subversion
Date Mon, 07 Dec 2009 21:00:40 GMT
William A. Rowe Jr. wrote:
> I suspect that renaming /docs/trunk/ to /docs/dev/ would be sufficient and
> follow this best practice?

I don't know how much folks look at the URL, but I think I've heard Roy
indicate that all developer-specific stuff should be under a dev/ URL.

I think it would be better yet not to link to it from the side bar,
which appears on every page, but rather just from the
http://httpd.apache.org/dev/ page.  If the primary point of posting it
is so that developers can refer to it without having to build it
themselves, it doesn't need to be posted so prominently, does it?

Doug